光阴似箭,日月如梭~
中文有很多关于时间的成语,英文也不例外!赶紧来学习一波。
1
Day in the sun
得到关注。
It felt like a day in the sun today. My manager actually noticed me and praised my work!
今天好像一直走在阳光下。经理注意到了我还表扬了我的工作!
2
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
即便表停了,一天也能对上两次。描述某人幸运得到不配拥有的东西或不当成功。
He definitely didn’t deserve to win the lottery, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
他绝对不该赢得,可即使一只坏表一天也能对上两次。
3
Feast today, famine tomorrow.
今日盛宴,明日饥荒。
He’s just bought himself a new Lamborghini and wears new suits every day. He doesn’t understand that it’ll be feast today, famine tomorrow if he continues like this!
他刚买了辆新的兰博基尼,每天都穿新套装。他不明白今天盛宴明日饥荒的道理,如果他继续这样下去,明天就会有饥荒。
4
Five 'o' clock shadow
(早上刮过后当天又长出的)短胡子茬儿。
You can’t go for your interview with a five ‘o’clock shadow! Go and have a shave!
你不能带着胡茬儿去面试!赶紧刮胡子去!
5
For the time being
眼下。
You can stay at my house for the time being, but you need to save up some money and get your own flat.
眼下你可以住在我家,但是你得存钱买房子。
6
Full of the joys of spring
充满喜悦。
I wonder why she is so full of the joys of spring, Darren must’ve proposed to her!
我真好奇今天她怎么这么开心,一定是达伦向她求婚了!
7
Good time
提前到达。
I got to the office in good time, but got lost inside the building trying to find my interview room, and ended up being late anyway!
我提前到了,却在大楼里迷了路。我努力找面试点,还是迟到了!
8
Have one's moments
得意,突然积极。
He seemed in ever such a good mood earlier today, and offered to cook dinner! I guess he does have his moments!
今天早些时候,他看起来心情很不错,竟然提出主动准备晚餐!我看他一定有了什么得意的事。
9
Honest as the day is long
值得信赖。
I can’t believe he has been accused of stealing their money. I’ve known him for many years, and he is as honest as the day is long!
我真不敢相信他被指控偷了他们的钱。我们认识很多年了,他向来可靠。
10
In an instant/ In the blink of an eye
眨眼之间。
If he apologized and admitted his mistakes, I would take him back in an instant!
如果他承认错误,向我道歉,我就立马把他带回来!